Blogger Spotlight : Louis Philippe de Gagoue (En)






   Lire en Français




Louis Philippe is a Morocco based Fashion Blogger I discovered 8 months ago , while I was browsing Tara PhotographyFacebook page (A Canada based photography sensation from Côte d'Ivoire) . The freshness of his work and his creativity amazed me so much that I have been quite regular on his blog ever since and it’s just getting better with time.



Stumbling upon this blog was a real blessing as I was desperately in need for something different from Karla’s Closet and Garance Doré (even though I love them dearly).



I was craving for quircky and unique content and this blog was the perfect spot for me . Last but not least, Louis Philippe is Ivorian .


I contacted him a few weeks ago and asked if I could interview him for L'Abidjanaise, he said yes and answered my question with much gaiety . It was a pleasure to have this talk with him and I hope you guys are going to like :






THE INTERVIEW :


? When and why did you launch your blog ?



I launched the blog back in 2010 . Before that , I had been blogging for 4 years but I had stopped it all , I was so scared not to make it , not to find enough time ... not to get the result I wanted. My blog "Louis Philippe de Gagoue" really is a new beginning for me , a challenge also , something that pushes me out of my comfort zone every day. I wanted this blog to be a place where I could share my passion and yes show my worth as a stylist.



? What do you for a living ?



I am a Personal Shopper* and a Stylist



? How long have you been living in Morocco ?



I moved to Morocco quite recently ,about 6 months ago but I lived in Tunisia for like 5 years before that .



? Where did you get your incredible sense of fashion from ? Where do you get inspiration to create those outfits ?



(Laughters) I am really curious and I love everything "culture" . I read a lot , especially books discussing civilizations , foreign traditions , history … I also love cinema and music a lot ; sometimes I compose mentally an outfit just by listening to a song that inspires me .



Concerning my aesthetic let’s say that I am quite eclectic as a person and I don’t set barriers for myself and fashion . I don’t like the way fashion is segmented and stereotyped (Black Fashion , Asian fashion  , US Fashion … ) My very own philosophy is to break barriers down and blend all of those cultures in one outfit .




? How Do you make your outfits ? You design some ,right ?



Most of the time I hunt for antiques or buy them on internet . I also wear some pieces out of the capsule collection : Louis Philippe De Gagoue for Lauren Nevada (American Clothing Label) that I inspired and partly designed .




? Which persons in the fashion sphere inspire you?  Do you have a "Style Icon" ?


Well , I don’t really work that way . I am someone really independent and free and I enjoy making my way off the beaten track. So no, I don’t have any role model in the fashion sphere . I have my own universe ,with my own rules and points of references ... I just do my own thing.

? Please , define yourself in a few words ?



Unique , Excentric , Hilarious , Crazy (hahahah)






? What‘s your favourite fashion blog right now ?



I have a huge crush on Asian Fashion bloggers in general .My favourite in the moment are those two :





? One thing you would never do , as far as fashion is concerned ? A limit you would never cross ?



I would never wear runnings (vous savez , ces baskets que les fashionistas mixent avec des tenues de ville ) , and it’s weird cause I like them but on other people only , they wouldn’t look good on me . There is also this Givenchy nasal piercing aw so ugly ... No way for me (laughters)








End of the interview .


Like we red above, Louis Philippe turned his passion for fashion into a real life career. As a Personal Shopperhe actually madeover people like the Hair Stylist Noor Yazimi and the Visual Merchandiser Fatiha Ouaouicha  .




What do you tink of Louis Philippe ? How do you find his style and universe ?

His Blog : Louis Philippe de Gagoue 



*Personal Shopper un professionnel de la mode et du stylisme , qui se met à votre service pour vous aider à trouver le look qui vous convient . En fonction de vos goûts , votre morphologie , et ainsi  l'adapter à votre activité , personnalité et votre mode de vie . Il se charge de faire votre shopping , vous accompagner et vous apporter son regard de professionnel lors de vos virées shopping et vous propose bien d'autres services encore.